- From a mailbox, swipe down to reveal the search field.
- Tap the search field, then type the text you’re looking for.
- Choose between searching all mailboxes or the current mailbox above the results list.
- Tap search, then tap an email in the results list to read it.
Considering this, why can’t I search for emails on my iPhone? If the issue persists, open Settings > Mail > Siri & Search, then disabled any settings you see there. Restart your device, then enable those settings again to see if the issue continues.
Subsequently, how do I search for a specific email?
- Select the search bar, located above the Outlook ribbon.
- Type a name, subject, or phrase which is included in the email message that you want to find. You can use quotation marks around a phase to search on words in that exact order.
Moreover, how do I search for an email in Gmail on my iPhone?
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- At the top, in the search box, tap Search mail.
- Enter your search criteria.
- Tap Search .
Amazingly, how do I search emails in iOS 14? Swipe down on the mail screen and the Search box will appear. 1. Once you tap into the Search box, Mail presents you with several suggested generic searches. Tap any of these options, or type or dictate your search terms.
- Open the Mail app on the iPhone or iPad.
- From the primary inbox view, swipe or pull down on a message, this will reveal the hidden “Search” box.
- Tap into the “Search” field.
- Type in the Search box a name, email address, term, phrase, word, date, to search emails for matches.
How do I do an advanced search in Apple Mail?
In the Mail app on your Mac, in the toolbar, start typing a phrase in the search field (if it’s not shown, click the Search button in the toolbar), then choose a Mail suggestion. Mail creates a search filter in the search field and lists the matching messages it found.
How do I search for emails from a specific person in Outlook?
- Navigate to the Search tab in Outlook.
- Select Advanced Find from the “Search Tools” menu.
- Enter keywords in the “Search for words” field.
- Select an option from the “in” menu.
- Enter an address in the From or To field to find messages only sent from or to a particular person.
How do you search in the body of an email in Outlook?
- Shift to the Mail view, and open the specified mail folder where you will search keywords in message bodies of all emails.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + F keys simultaneously to open the Advanced Find dialog box.
How do I find an email address on Gmail?
You can also use Gmail to try to find verified email addresses. Open Gmail, hit Compose, then click on To field and type in your list of email addresses. Hover over each email address to see if it’s connected to a Google account. If it is, you’ll see the picture of the person you’re trying to find.
Where is the search field on iPhone?
- Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen.
- Tap the Search field, then enter what you’re looking for.
- To see more results, tap Show More or search directly in an app by tapping Search in App.
- Tap a search result to open it.
How do you search on Gmail Mobile?
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or Android device, and then tap the search bar, which is found at the top of any page.
- Type a keyword, subject, or sender name.
- Tap “Search” on your keyboard when you’re ready to view your results.
Why is my Gmail search not working?
Clearing the cookies and temporary files from your browser, reinstalling the software and upgrading to the latest version at the same time, and disabling browser extensions and add-ons (particularly those related to Gmail) are all actions that may help to resolve the issue.
How do I find older emails on my iPhone 11?
Open the Settings app > Mail, contacts,Calendars. Under the Mail section, tap Show, then set for the number of recent emails you want displayed.
How do I search emails by date iOS?
If you open the Mail app and type a month, or search terms like “Last Year” or “2018,” they should appear under a “Dates” category in your search results, and you can tap those to see if they’ll work for you. I hope this helps get you started.
How do I filter emails in Apple Mail?
In the Mail app on your Mac, click the Filter button at the top of the message list, or choose View > Filter > Enable Message Filter. You can also click and hold the Filter button, then choose Enable Message Filter from the menu that appears.
Why can’t I search for an email in Outlook?
Open Indexing Options in the Windows control panel. In the Indexing Options dialog box, make sure that Microsoft Outlook is listed in the Included Locations column. If Microsoft Outlook is not listed, select Modify, and then click to enable the check box next to Microsoft Outlook. Select OK, and then select Close.
What is the fastest way to search emails in Outlook?
- In the Navigation Pane, click the folder that you want to search.
- In the Instant Search box, type your search text.
- To widen your search to include all folders, at the end of the search results, click Try searching again.
Can you control F on an iPhone?
Like your computer or laptop, there is no such feature as Control F on the iPhone. Your PC will allow you to use the command but the smartphone offers no search tab to filter out results.
How do you turn on search settings on iPhone?
Go to Settings > Siri & Search. Scroll down, tap an app, then turn Show in Search on or off.
How do you Ctrl F on an iPhone?
- Open a webpage on the Safari or Chrome app.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Scroll down, then tap Find on Page (Safari) or Find in Page (Chrome).
- Type in the word or phrase you want to find in the search bar.
- When you’re finished, tap Done.
How do I search Gmail inbox only?
Just type it into the search box at the top of your Gmail. The in:inbox parameter says search just my inbox. The category:primary parameter narrows the search to just my Primary tab.
How do I search Gmail for old emails?
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the search box, click the Down arrow .
- Click the All Mail drop down, then select Mail & Spam & Trash.
- Enter some information that’s in the missing email.
- At the bottom of the box, click Search .
How do I clear my Gmail cache?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
How long do emails stay on iPhone?
The iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch will leave messages on the server for 7 days by default. We recommend you increase this to ensure other devices have time to collect the email. Follow the steps below to configure iOS to increase the time before emails are deleted.
How do I see all emails in Apple Mail?
In the Mail app on your Mac, do one of the following: For one conversation: Click the message count in the top message. For all conversations: Choose View > Expand All Conversations.
How do I find an email from a specific month?
To locate emails received before a certain date, type into the search bar Before:YYYY/MM/DD and press Enter. So, for example, if you want to search for emails received before January 17th, 2015, then type: To locate emails received after a certain date, type into the search bar After:YYYY/MM/DD and press Enter.
How do I search for a specific date in the Mail app?
Using keywords To find emails from after a specific date, use After:YYYY/MM/DD. So for example, if you’re trying to find emails from before or after September 1st, 2021, type either Before:2021/09/01 or After:2021/09/01 into the search bar and hit Enter.
How do I filter emails on iPhone?
- Tap. in the bottom-left corner of a mailbox list.
- Tap “Filtered by,” then select or turn on the criteria for emails you want to view.
How do I sort emails in Apple Mail?
In the Mail app on your Mac, choose View > Sort By, then choose an attribute, such as From or Size, and a sort order. If you’re using column layout, you can also Control-click a column header, choose Sort By, then choose an attribute and a sort order.
How do I check email filters?
Click the Settings gear icon on the top right in Gmail. Choose “Settings” in the menu and then select “Filters & Blocked Addresses” along the top.
How do I turn on the Search button in Outlook?
- For a start, go to “File” menu and select “Options”.
- Then locate and click on “Customize Ribbon”.
- You will see a vast variety of commands, tabs and ribbons listed in dialog boxes.
- Next locate and pitch on “Search” in the left side.
- Finally click “OK’ to save the customization.
What is the search engine on iPhone?
Safari uses Google as its default search engine out of the box, but it’s not the only option. You can choose other search engines like Bing, Yahoo, or DuckDuckGo if you prefer them.
What is the spotlight on iPhone?
Spotlight, Apple’s system-wide search feature, lets you search for apps, contacts, messages, webpages, music, notes, and other content that’s on and off your iPhone. On iOS, it’s known as “Search,” and you can access it by swiping your home screen down or swiping open the Today View screen.
Can you word search on iPhone?
You can find a specific word or phrase on a page. , then tap Find on Page. Enter the word or phrase in the search field.
How far back does Gmail keep emails?
Gmail keeps your archived emails indefinitely or until you delete them. Only messages that are deleted are removed from the Trash after 30 days.