- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar (top-left corner).
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Erase All Contents and Settings. ‘
- Enter your password, select ‘OK. ‘
- Select the ‘Erase All Content & Settings‘ button.
Also the question is, how do you restore a Mac to factory settings?
- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
- Like iOS, the new erase process in macOS Monterey handles everything to fully wipe your Mac.
Amazingly, how do I completely reset my MacBook pro? From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences. From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings.
Furthermore, how do you erase all content and settings on a Mac?
- Launch System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your admin password when prompted.
- Click Continue to confirm that all items will be erased.
In this regard, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- Begin this method by restarting your Mac.
- When your Mac is restarting, press the following combination of keys.
- The “Recovery Mode” menu will be seen.
- Highlight the startup disk for “Macintosh HD” in the “Disk Utility” window.
- Now, click on “Erase”.
- A pop-up will be seen now.
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it! Your Mac’s NVRAM has been reset.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012 without a disk?
Restart your Mac. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I clear my Mac to sell?
Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
What is the difference between reset all settings and erase all content?
Reset all Settings removes things like your Wifi password and settings you’ve set on your iPad for Apps, mail, etc. Erase All Content and Settings restores a device to it’s out of the box state when it was first turned on. You should use Erase All Content and Settings to get it ready for the next owner.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2014?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings without password?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2015 Catalina?
Choose Apple menu > Restart, then immediately press and hold Command-R. In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue. In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2011?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
Does erasing all content and settings remove Apple ID?
I just erased and reset to factory settings our two iPhones because we got new 5’s. I gave the phones away only to be told by a friend that the erase all content and settings doesn’t remove the apple ID from the device.
What erase all content and settings do?
- Erase all content and settings only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data including: Email accounts. System and app data (including app settings and downloaded apps)
- To ensure Activation Lock is removed, sign out of iCloud: Tap. Settings.
Does reset all settings delete passwords?
Reset Network Settings: When you tap “Reset Network Settings” option, the iOS starts working to remove the Wi-Fi networks that have been saved earlier. The passwords of the Wi-Fi networks are also removed. Other than that, no settings are disturbed and all the data and personal preferences of the user remain the same.
How can I get into an old MacBook Pro without the password?
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
How do I reset my Mac laptop without the password?
Turn off your computer and hold the power button + Command R. Wait for the loading bar to appear on the screen while your Mac boots to Recovery. Next, choose Disk Utility > Continue > Utilities Terminal. Type “resetpassword” (in one word) and click Return.
How do you get into a MacBook Pro without the password?
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall Catalina?
- Restart your Mac and then hold down ⌘ + R to activate Recovery Mode.
- In the first window, select Reinstall macOS ➙ Continue.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Select the hard drive you’d like to reinstall mac OS Catalina to and click Install.
How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
Does factory reset remove iCloud?
No, factory resetting your iPhone will not alter your iCloud. Upon setting up your iPhone again you will be given the option to reconnect to your iCloud account if you desire. iCloud also stores iPhone backups that you can restore your phone from.
How do I delete my Apple ID after factory reset?
- Step 1: Sign in to iCloud using their own Apple ID.
- Step 2: Next, go to the Find My iPhone feature on the device.
- Step 3: Select All devices that displayed at the top of your screen.
- Step 4: Choose the device that you’d like to remove from iCloud.
Will factory reset get rid of activation lock?
In most cases, a factory reset does not remove the activation lock from the device. For example, if a phone is factory reset with the Google account logged in, the phone will still ask for those credentials once switched back on.
Does erasing all content and settings delete everything?
Just to add onto this, yes it will erase all data effectively–you don’t need to overwrite it or anything like that.
Can’t find Erase all content and settings?
Usually, everything could be just done by one step on iPhone. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your passcode, confirm you would like to erase the device, and then your device would become empty. Don’t forget to backup iPhone to computer before you erase iPhone.
What happens when I remove a device from my Apple ID?
If you remove a device from your Apple ID, then the device will no longer be able to access any of your iCloud content. This includes apps, music, photos, and anything else that is stored in the cloud.
What does factory reset do?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
Does reset all settings delete Wi-Fi?
Answer: A: Reset all settings will clear all stored passwords, custom ringtones, WiFi networks, bluetooth connections, etc.
Will resetting network settings delete anything?
Resetting network settings on an iPhone or Android smartphone will not delete any mobile carrier functionality or account information. The process resets any changes to mobile preferences you may have made since you activated your device.
How do I reset my MacBook pro without Apple ID?
How do I restore my Mac to Catalina to factory settings?
Open System Preferences. Click on System Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Click on Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your password.
How do I restore my 2012 iMac to factory settings?
Hold down the Command and R keys as soon as you hear the Mac tone indicating a reboot. Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s system drive, usually named Macintosh HD, then click Erase.
How do you delete an Apple ID account?
Open Apple’s Data & Privacy website in a browser. If you’re not already logged in, sign into the Apple ID account you want to delete. 2. Scroll down and in the Delete your account section, click Request to delete your account.
Can an iCloud lock be removed?
There are very many iCloud Activation Lock removal tools online and many will charge you a fee to unlock the device. You only need to provide the device’s IMEI number to them and they will easily remove the activation lock.
How can you delete a iCloud?
- On a device: Sign in to iCloud and scroll to Devices. Pick a device, and press Remove from Account.
- Online: Sign in to iCloud > Manage Account > Manage Your Privacy > Request to Delete Your Account.
- Next, pick a reason > agree to the terms > give a new email > contact Apple support with the code.