To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it! Your Mac’s NVRAM has been reset.
Considering this, how do I wipe my MacBook late 2013?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
In regards t, how do I do a complete factory reset on my MacBook Pro?
- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
- Like iOS, the new erase process in macOS Monterey handles everything to fully wipe your Mac.
Likewise, how do I restore my iMac 2013 to factory settings? After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
Amazingly, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2013 Catalina? Restart your Mac. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I reset my MacBook pro to factory settings without password?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do you erase all content and settings on a Mac?
- Launch System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your admin password when prompted.
- Click Continue to confirm that all items will be erased.
How do I do a clean install of OSX?
Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Can’t find Erase all content and settings?
Usually, everything could be just done by one step on iPhone. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your passcode, confirm you would like to erase the device, and then your device would become empty. Don’t forget to backup iPhone to computer before you erase iPhone.
How do I reset my Mac to factory settings?
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar (top-left corner).
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Erase All Contents and Settings. ‘
- Enter your password, select ‘OK. ‘
- Select the ‘Erase All Content & Settings’ button.
How do you do a hard reset on an iMac?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings Catalina?
Open System Preferences. Click on System Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Click on Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your password.
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings Catalina?
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2012?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
How do I Reset my laptop like new?
Go to Start > Settings > Update and security > Recovery. At the top of the window, you’ll see Reset this PC. Click on Get Started and select Remove Everything from the box that appears. From there, you can select to reinstall Windows from the local drive or download from the cloud.
How do I unlock my MacBook Pro without Apple ID or password?
For Intel MacBook users, press and hold the Command and R keys on your keyboard, then press the power button. Now, hold Command+R until you see a progress bar below the Apple logo. You can also get into Recovery Mode by restarting your MacBook and then trying to time the keyboard combo or Command+R.
Is erase all content and settings the same as factory reset?
Reset all Settings removes things like your Wifi password and settings you’ve set on your iPad for Apps, mail, etc. Erase All Content and Settings restores a device to it’s out of the box state when it was first turned on. You should use Erase All Content and Settings to get it ready for the next owner.
Does restarting your Mac delete everything?
Answer: A: It doesn’t wipe anything, but it empties the active memory (RAM) , which is a first step in trying to clear faults. Quite often a program will get itself confused and a restart will in effect start everything from scratch and clear the problem.
How do I hard reset my MacBook Pro touch bar?
If you need to force restart your new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, just press down on the Touch ID sensor until you feel a click. Hold that until the computer restarts. If you need to force restart your new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, just press down on the Touch ID sensor until you feel a click.
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall Catalina?
- Restart your Mac and then hold down ⌘ + R to activate Recovery Mode.
- In the first window, select Reinstall macOS ➙ Continue.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Select the hard drive you’d like to reinstall mac OS Catalina to and click Install.
How do I factory reset my IMAC 2012?
Hold down the Command and R keys as soon as you hear the Mac tone indicating a reboot. Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s system drive, usually named Macintosh HD, then click Erase. Select the Format option Mac Extended (Journaled) or APFS.
What button do you press to restore computer to factory settings?
Press and hold the “Ctrl” and “Alt” keys on the keyboard, and then press the “Delete” key. There will be several options in the dialog box if Windows is functioning properly. You can restart again by pressing “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” if you don’t see the dialog box after a few seconds.
What is the difference between hard reset and factory reset?
A factory reset relates to the rebooting of the entire system, while hard resets relates to the resetting of any hardware in the system. Factory Reset: Factory resets are generally done to remove the data entirely from a device, the device is to be started again and requires the need of re installation of the software.