- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
Furthermore, how do I reset my Big Sur MacBook Pro 2020? Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Similarly, how do I factory reset my Intel MacBook Pro 2020? Intel: Best MacBook Pro To Buy In 2020? To factory reset a Macbook, immediately hold down the Command and R keys while the laptop is turning on or restarting. Continue to hold down the two keys until the Apple logo or another image appears.
Also know, how do I factory reset my Mac m1 Big Sur? Turn off the computer, and then press and hold the power button. When the Apple logo first appears, you’ll see text just below it letting you know to continue holding it in to access startup options.
Moreover, how do I soft reset my MacBook Pro 2020? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart. On Mac computers that play a startup sound, you can release the keys after the second startup sound.
How do I erase my Mac from Big Sur?
Navigate to macOS Recovery, which may involve selecting a user account and entering its password to unlock the startup volume. Click Disk Utility at the bottom of macOS Recovery’s screen. Select either of the two volumes in the container for the system (see figure). Click Erase.
How do I return my MacBook pro to factory settings?
From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences. From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I restore MacBook to factory settings?
How do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2021 m1?
- Turn off your Mac via the Apple logo and Shut Down.
- Press the on/off button and hold it down.
- Once the Apple logo appears, press and hold the on/off button again until you see Loading Startup Options.
- Select Options and Continue.
- macOS Recovery will open.
How do I reinstall macOS Big Sur?
- Connect your Mac to the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select Restart from the drop-down menu.
- Hold down Command and R (⌘ + R) at the same time.
- Click on Reinstall a new copy of macOS.
Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
macOS Reinstallation Deletes Everything, What Can I Do Reinstalling macOS of macOS Recovery can help you replace the current problematic OS with a clean version quickly and easily. Technically speaking, simply reinstalling macOS won’t erase your disk either delete files.
How do I reset my Mac without deleting everything?
Step 1 Plug in the external storage device where you saved your backup. Step 2 Make sure your MacBook is turned off. Then press CMD + R, then press the power button to initialize macOS Utilities. Step 3 Click “Restore from Time Machine Backup” and click “Continue.”
What happens when you factory reset your MacBook Pro?
Step 1: Back up your Mac Before you do anything you should back up or clone your Mac. This is because – as you would expect – resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine.
How do I delete Big Sur update files Mac?
How Do I Delete Big Sur Update Files Mac? You can install macOS Big Sur by downloading the files. You can access this app by clicking /Applications. You can remove the files by running a “sudo rm -rf Install* macOS* Big* Sur” on /Applications.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without CD?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it! Your Mac’s NVRAM has been reset.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2021?
How do you do a hard reboot?
Power up your phone, but instead of just the power button, hold down the volume up button as well. Continue holding this button combination until the Android logo appears on your screen. At this point, a menu will appear. Using the volume buttons, scroll down to “Recovery,” then press the power button.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2021?
How do I reboot my MacBook Pro 2021?
To force restart a MacBook Pro: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + power/eject button.
How do I factory reset my MacBook pro 14 inch?
- Held down power key > “Loading start up options”
- Clicked “Options” and continued on.
- Loaded into macOS Recovery screen.
- Clicked top nav on “Recovery Assistant” > “Erase Mac..”
- Clicked yes on erasing macbook.
How long does it take to reinstall macOS Big Sur?
The macOS Big Sur 11.6. 4 installation could take around 10 minutes to complete. It took just around that to install the software on a MacBook Pro (2016). Your Mac might reboot itself a couple of times during the installation process, but this is perfectly normal.
Will installing macOS Big Sur delete everything?
But, be careful while updating the OS, as an improper installation can result in data loss. So, learn how to upgrade to macOS Big Sur without losing any data. In case of any unforeseen data loss, use a professional Mac data recovery software to recover your lost data. Download the free-to-try software from here.
How do I reinstall Big Sur without losing data?
- Restart your Mac into Recovery mode by pressing the Command + R keys while it restarts.
- You should see a macOS Utilities window with several options.
- Click on the Reinstall macOS option to start the process.
- Press Continue to start the reinstall.
Should I restore from Time Machine or reinstall macOS?
If you use Time Machine to back up your Mac, you can recover your files if your system or startup disk is damaged. Important: You must first reinstall macOS on your Mac before you can restore your files using your Time Machine backup.