To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
In this regard, how do I reset my Mac to factory settings without a disk? Restart your Mac. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Likewise, how do you force a factory reset on a MacBook Pro?
- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
Also, how do I factory reset my iMac 2011 without the disk? After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
Subsequently, how do I wipe my MacBook pro clean and start over? From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences. From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings.To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it! Your Mac’s NVRAM has been reset.
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- Begin this method by restarting your Mac.
- When your Mac is restarting, press the following combination of keys.
- The “Recovery Mode” menu will be seen.
- Highlight the startup disk for “Macintosh HD” in the “Disk Utility” window.
- Now, click on “Erase”.
- A pop-up will be seen now.
How do you wipe a Mac hard drive?
- Restart your Mac.
- Hold down the Command + R keys while your Mac is restarting.
- Click Disc Utility.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your Mac’s drive and then click Erase.
- Click Erase and fill in the name, format, and Scheme.
How do I hard reset my MacBook Pro touch bar?
If you need to force restart your new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, just press down on the Touch ID sensor until you feel a click. Hold that until the computer restarts.
How do I factory reset my Mac High Sierra 10.13 6?
Hold down the Command and R keys as soon as you hear the Mac tone indicating a reboot. Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s system drive, usually named Macintosh HD, then click Erase. Select the Format option Mac Extended (Journaled) or APFS.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro without logging in?
- Click the Apple logo at the top left of the screen and select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command + R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
- It will take a while for the Mac to start up in this mode.
How do you erase all content and settings on a Mac?
- Launch System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your admin password when prompted.
- Click Continue to confirm that all items will be erased.
Can’t find Erase all content and settings?
Usually, everything could be just done by one step on iPhone. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your passcode, confirm you would like to erase the device, and then your device would become empty. Don’t forget to backup iPhone to computer before you erase iPhone.
How do you completely wipe a hard drive?
Go to Settings > Change PC Settings > Update and recovery > Recovery. Click Get Started under the Remove everything and reinstall Windows section. Click Next, then choose Fully clean the drive to ensure everything is deleted. Click the Reset button and your drive is wiped, your PC is reset, and Windows is reinstalled.
Does erasing Mac hard drive erase everything?
Make a backup of any files that you want to keep. Erasing your Mac permanently deletes its files.
Where is eject key on Mac?
The eject key sits in the upper right corner of most modern Apple keyboards.
How do I restart my Mac with the keyboard?
Control–Command–Power button:* Force your Mac to restart, without prompting to save any open and unsaved documents. Control–Command–Media Eject : Quit all apps, then restart your Mac. If any open documents have unsaved changes, you will be asked whether you want to save them.
How do I reset my 2010 IMAC to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do you set a MacBook back to factory settings?
How do you get into a locked MacBook Pro?
- Head to iforgot.apple.com.
- Type your Apple ID email.
- Follow the on-screen messages to unlock your account.
Is erase all content and settings the same as factory reset?
Reset all Settings removes things like your Wifi password and settings you’ve set on your iPad for Apps, mail, etc. Erase All Content and Settings restores a device to it’s out of the box state when it was first turned on. You should use Erase All Content and Settings to get it ready for the next owner.
How do I wipe my old laptop?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data and follow the on-screen directions.
How do I wipe my old laptop before recycling?
Simply go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Navigate to Update & Security, and look for the recovery menu. From there you just select Reset this PC and follow the instructions from there. It may ask you to erase data either “quickly” or “thoroughly” — we suggest taking the time to do the latter.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
For Windows 10, go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Then navigate to Update & Security, and find the Recovery menu. Next, select Reset this PC and choose Get Started. Follow the instructions to revert your computer back to when it was first unboxed.
What is the top right key on Mac keyboard?
The function keys on the top row of the Magic Keyboard provide shortcuts for common functions, such as increasing the volume or screen brightness. Touch ID (the power button) is located on the right side of the function keys.