- Save everything you want to keep from your iPhone X.
- Connect it to your computer via a cable and open iTunes.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds and let go.
- Immediately press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for a further 10 seconds.
Amazingly, how do I factory reset my iPhone with just the buttons? If the device isn’t responding, press and hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time for a few seconds to turn it off. Press and hold the Home button until the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears — you’ll see a connector pointing at an iTunes icon. You can now release the button.
Also know, how do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
Similarly, how do I factory reset my iPhone X without touching the screen?
- Visit icloud.com and sign into your account.
- Select “Find iPhone“.
- Select the “All Devices” option at the top of the screen, then select your device.
- Choose the “Erase iPhone” option.
In this regard, how do I reset my iPhone to factory settings without passcode?
- Log into the Find My iPhone site via iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID and password – you do not need your iPhone passcode, but you will need access to your Apple account.
- Select your iPhone from the drop-down list of devices.
- Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
How do you factory reset an unresponsive iPhone XR?
What happens when a hard reset doesn’t work on iPhone?
1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue: Press and quickly release Volume UP button. Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button. Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds.
What is a hard reset iPhone?
The iPhone Hard Reset The hard reset is when you restart the phone and refresh the memory in which the apps run. One of the better times to do it would be when the device has frozen. Like the soft reset, it does not delete data, so it is safe to do without backing up the phone.
How do you unlock an iPhone without the passcode or face ID?
How do you factory reset an iPhone when the screen doesn’t work?
- Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes.
- Press and hold the Sleep / Wake Button and Home Button together for 8 seconds.
- After 8 seconds, release the Sleep / Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button.
- Let go of the Home Button or volume down button.
- Restore your iPhone using iTunes.
How do you get into a locked iPhone?
How can I erase an iPhone that won’t turn on?
It assumes you have Find my iPhone/iPad/Mac enabled and if you haven’t then it won’t work. Log in at iCloud.com, click the Find iPhone icon, select your iPhone/iPad from the All Devices dropdown list, and select Erase. You might also put a check in Notify Me When Found, so you get a notification when this happens.