- Fully shut down your MacBook.
- Reboot your MacBook and press and hold Command+Option+P+R before the gray screen appears.
- Wait until you hear the reboot sound and release the keys.
- Let the system reboot normally.
Also, how do I restart my Mac without a keyboard? You can force it to shut down by pressing the holding down the power button on the back of the iMac. Then, press and release the power button normally to start it up again.
Considering this, how do I reset my iMac password without a keyboard? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw9aAImKSUk
Additionally, how do I factory reset my iMac computer? Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This will clear user settings from the memory and restore certain security features that may have been altered previously.
Also the question is, how do I reset my Mac to factory settings?
- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
- Like iOS, the new erase process in macOS Monterey handles everything to fully wipe your Mac.
How do you fix Mac keyboard keys not working?
- Disconnect and reconnect the keyboard. Make sure the connector is completely inserted into the port.
- Connect your keyboard to a different USB port or to a different Mac. If this solves the problem, your Mac may need to be repaired.
- Connect a different keyboard to this Mac.
What is the Command key on a non Apple keyboard?
When using a Windows keyboard on a Mac, the Windows key is used instead of the Command key, and the Alt key is used in place of the Option key.
How do I restore my Mac with a Windows keyboard?
To restore from a Time Machine backup. On a Windows keyboard, the Windows key is equivalent to the Mac keyboard’s Command key. So if you’re using a Windows keyboard, restart your Mac and then hold down the Windows key + R key combination to boot into Recovery Mode. Alternatively, use a Terminal command.
How do I boot my iMac into recovery mode?
Keep holding until the described behavior occurs. Command (⌘)-R: Start up from the built-in macOS Recovery system. Or use Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R to start up from macOS Recovery over the internet. macOS Recovery installs different versions of macOS, depending on the key combination you use.
How can I use my IMAC without a mouse or keyboard?
How do you enter a password without a keyboard?
To login without a keyboard, just select your account from the list using the mouse or touch screen, make sure that the cursor is active in the account password box, and then use your mouse or touch screen to enter your password via the on-screen keyboard, one character at a time.
How do I login to my Mac keyboard not working?
Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. … Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime. Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally. That failing, try holding down the Option key on boot and go to the repair partition an run Disk Utilities.
How do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
How do I factory reset my iMac 2012?
Hold down the Command and R keys as soon as you hear the Mac tone indicating a reboot. Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s system drive, usually named Macintosh HD, then click Erase. Select the Format option Mac Extended (Journaled) or APFS.
How do I wipe my 2009 iMac?
I am unable to erase hard drive using the following instructions: Restart iMac Holding down command and R key. Disk Utility (should be on screen) Check continue, choose start up disk,click erase button, choose Mac OS Extended, Click Erase.
How do you erase all content and settings on a Mac?
- Launch System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your admin password when prompted.
- Click Continue to confirm that all items will be erased.
Can’t find Erase all content and settings?
Usually, everything could be just done by one step on iPhone. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your passcode, confirm you would like to erase the device, and then your device would become empty. Don’t forget to backup iPhone to computer before you erase iPhone.
How do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I reset my Mac keyboard?
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper-left corner and select System Preferences.
- Click on Keyboard.
- Click on Modifier Keys in the bottom right-hand corner of the keyboard tab.
- Select Restore Defaults and click Ok.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my keyboard?
- Try a Different USB Port. Unplug your keyboard from the current USB port and try another one.
- Check the System Report.
- Turn Bluetooth Off.
- Make Sure Mouse Keys and Slow Keys Are Turned Off.
- Connect Your Keyboard Through an Extension Cord or USB Hub.
Can I use my iPhone as a keyboard for my Mac?
Can I use Windows keyboard for Mac?
Any USB or Bluetooth keyboard (including wireless keyboards that require a USB dongle) will work with the Mac—just plug it in and start typing. However, some keys work differently on the Mac, and a Windows keyboard won’t include the special-function keys you’ll find on Mac-specific keyboards.
How do I boot my Mac from USB using Windows keyboard?
How do you use an external keyboard on a Mac?
- If you’re setting up a mouse or trackpad, follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you’re setting up a keyboard, click Set Up Bluetooth Keyboard, then follow the onscreen instructions to connect with your keyboard.
What is Command R on a Windows keyboard?
Alternatively referred to as Cmd+R, Command+R is a keyboard shortcut most often used to refresh the page in an Internet browser.