After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
Also the question is, how do I restore my Mac 2011 to factory settings? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it! Your Mac’s NVRAM has been reset.
Considering this, how do I reset my IMAC back to factory? Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Moreover, how do I wipe my Mac to factory settings?
- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
- Like iOS, the new erase process in macOS Monterey handles everything to fully wipe your Mac.
Subsequently, how do I hard reset my MacBook Pro 2011? Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I factory reset my iMac 2012?
Hold down the Command and R keys as soon as you hear the Mac tone indicating a reboot. Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s system drive, usually named Macintosh HD, then click Erase. Select the Format option Mac Extended (Journaled) or APFS.
How do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
Restart your Mac. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Can’t find Erase all content and settings?
Usually, everything could be just done by one step on iPhone. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your passcode, confirm you would like to erase the device, and then your device would become empty. Don’t forget to backup iPhone to computer before you erase iPhone.
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + R on startup.
- Open Terminal from the Utilities menu.
- Type resetpassword and follow the instructions.
How do I reset my MacBook Air 2011?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do you restart an Apple computer?
Normally you can restart your Mac by choosing Apple menu > Restart. However, in some cases—for example, if your Mac becomes unresponsive—you may need to use a different startup method. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until it shuts off. After a moment, press the power button again to start your Mac.
How do I reset my Mac without password?
How do I reset my 2010 iMac to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I restore my Mac without a startup disk?
Shut down your Mac. Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button. (On some Mac keyboards the Option key will be named Alt). Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
How do I remove previous owners from my iMac?
- If you enabled FileVault, disable it in System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- “Deauthorize” your iTunes account. Same for Audible if you have one.
- System Preferences > iCloud > de-select “Back to My Mac” and “Find my Mac”.
- Sign out of iCloud. Select “Delete from Mac” when it appears.
Is erase all content and settings the same as factory reset?
Reset all Settings removes things like your Wifi password and settings you’ve set on your iPad for Apps, mail, etc. Erase All Content and Settings restores a device to it’s out of the box state when it was first turned on. You should use Erase All Content and Settings to get it ready for the next owner.
Where is erase assistant on Mac?
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- In the menu bar, choose System Preferences > Erase All Content and Settings.
- In Erase Assistant, enter your administrator information.
- Review items that will be removed in addition to your content and settings.
- Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I reset my iPad to factory settings without Apple ID or iTunes?
iPad with Home Button: press and hold down both Home and Top (or Side) buttons on your iPad and wait for the recovery mode to appear. Step 4. Your computer will prompt if you want to update or restore your iPad. Click the “Restore” button to reset your iPad to the factory settings.
How do I override administrator on Mac?
Open the Apple menu. Click “System Preferences”, then “Users & Groups”. Click on the lock icon and enter the administrator password for the account you are logged into (the one you just created), then click “unlock”. Choose the administrator user you would like to delete, then click the “-” symbol.
What is the default admin password for Mac?
What is the default admin password for Macbook Pro? There is no default password. Either you are in the Setup Assistant in which case it wants you to provide a new password; or, you exited from the Setup Assistant and never assigned a password in which case press RETURN.
Does restarting a Mac delete everything?
Answer: A: It doesn’t wipe anything, but it empties the active memory (RAM) , which is a first step in trying to clear faults. Quite often a program will get itself confused and a restart will in effect start everything from scratch and clear the problem.
How do I reset my Mac for a new user?
Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This will clear user settings from the memory and restore certain security features that may have been altered previously.
How do I change owner on my imac?
- Create new administrator account in System Preferences > Users & Groups. (
- Log out of current user and login with new admin account.
- Change the name of the original user’s home directory ‘/Users/original’ to the new desired short name ‘/Users/new’
How do I delete someone else’s Apple ID?
- Launch the App Store.
- Tap your name in the top-right of the App Store page to enter the Account screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Sign Out”.
- Enter your own Apple ID credentials at the top of the Account screen to sign in with your personal ID.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.