Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button. left side list. Click on the Erase tab in the DU main window. the Erase button and wait until the process has completed.
Similarly, how do I erase a disk on Mac Yosemite? Once you’ve opened Disk Utility, click the name of the disk (in the left-side list), click the Erase tab, and then click the Erase button.
Beside the above, how do I erase everything on my Mac OS X? From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences. From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings.
Amazingly, how do I delete everything off my MacBook Pro and start over?
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar (top-left corner).
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Erase All Contents and Settings. ‘
- Enter your password, select ‘OK. ‘
- Select the ‘Erase All Content & Settings’ button.
In this regard, how do I completely factory reset my MacBook pro?
- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
- Restart your Mac.
- Hold down the Command ⌘ + R keys as the Mac begins to restart.
- Choose Utilities and Terminal from the macOS Utilities window.
- Type: xartutil –erase-all and press Return.
- Type yes and press Return once more.
- Choose Terminal and click Quit.
How do I factory reset my Mac without password?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Is erase all content and settings the same as factory reset?
Reset all Settings removes things like your Wifi password and settings you’ve set on your iPad for Apps, mail, etc. Erase All Content and Settings restores a device to it’s out of the box state when it was first turned on. You should use Erase All Content and Settings to get it ready for the next owner.
Can’t find Erase all content and settings?
Usually, everything could be just done by one step on iPhone. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your passcode, confirm you would like to erase the device, and then your device would become empty. Don’t forget to backup iPhone to computer before you erase iPhone.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it! Your Mac’s NVRAM has been reset.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012 without a disk?
Restart your Mac. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
How do I unlock my MacBook Pro without Apple ID or password?
For Intel MacBook users, press and hold the Command and R keys on your keyboard, then press the power button. Now, hold Command+R until you see a progress bar below the Apple logo. You can also get into Recovery Mode by restarting your MacBook and then trying to time the keyboard combo or Command+R.
Does erasing all content and settings delete everything?
Just to add onto this, yes it will erase all data effectively–you don’t need to overwrite it or anything like that.
Does erase all content and settings remove Apple ID?
I just erased and reset to factory settings our two iPhones because we got new 5’s. I gave the phones away only to be told by a friend that the erase all content and settings doesn’t remove the apple ID from the device.
Does reset all settings reset network settings?
Resetting your network settings clears out all of your internet, local network, and paired devices’ data. A factory reset will delete pretty much everything on your device, reverting it to the state it was in when you unboxed it.
Can’t find Erase all content and settings Macbook Pro?
- Launch System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your admin password when prompted.
- Click Continue to confirm that all items will be erased.
- Enter your Apple ID and password if prompted to sign out.
How do I wipe my 2008 MacBook?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I wipe my iMac before recycling?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Turn on your Mac and immediately press and Command and R.
- You may be prompted to select a user and log in with the password for that account.
- From here, you’ll be presented with a utilities window.
- Select Macintosh HD from the sidebar.
- Click Erase and input a new name and format.
How do you do a hard reset on an iMac?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I erase my iMac hard drive?
- Restart your Mac.
- Hold down the Command + R keys while your Mac is restarting.
- Click Disc Utility.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your Mac’s drive and then click Erase.
- Click Erase and fill in the name, format, and Scheme.
How do I wipe my laptop before selling it?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under the Reset this PC section, click the Get started button.
- Click the Remove everything button.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Turn on the Data erasure toggle switch.
- Click the Confirm button.
How do I completely wipe my laptop?
For Windows 10, go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Then navigate to Update & Security, and find the Recovery menu. Next, select Reset this PC and choose Get Started. Follow the instructions to revert your computer back to when it was first unboxed.
Does a factory reset delete everything Mac?
A factory reset will wipe your Mac computer, restoring its software to the state it was in when you first turned it on. That means that all your personal files and data will disappear.