Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
Likewise, how can I connect my phone number to my Macbook?
- Open the Messages app on your Mac and log in to your Apple ID if you aren’t already logged in.
- Next, from the menu bar, select Messages and go to Preferences.
- Select the iMessage tab and, in it, make sure that both your Apple ID and your phone number are checked.
Similarly, how do I text from my Macbook Air with a phone number?
- Open Messages.
- Click the New Message button at the top of the Messages window.
- Type the name, email address, or phone number of one or more recipients.
- Press Tab or click the message field at the bottom of the window, then type your message.
- Press Return to send the message.
In this regard, why can’t I add my phone number to iMessage on Mac? Verify that your phone number and Apple ID are checked or selected under ‘You can be reached’ section. At this time, open iMessage on your Mac, and then proceed to Messages, then open Preferences. Go to Accounts and enter your iMessage ID. Next is to select your Apple ID and tick the box for your phone number.
Considering this, why wont my phone number connect to my Mac? Turn iMessage off on your device, and then sign out of it on your Mac. Then sign back on to iMessage on your device, and try signing back on on the Mac to see if the phone number now displays. Sometimes they just need to sync up… Now reboot the App on the Mac.
- In Settings, find and tap Messages.
- Make sure your phone number is selected.
- If your Apple ID has been used to sign in to your Mac, click yes.
- From the Messages menu bar option, open Preferences.
Why is my phone number not connecting to iMessage?
Check your device settings Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you’re using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
How do I add my number to iMessage?
- Open Settings.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap Send & Receive.
- Log in with your Apple ID.
- Tap your phone number to add a checkmark.
How do I sync my iPhone and macbook iMessage?
- On your iPhone, to go Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
- On your Mac, open the Messages app.
- Click the Messages menu.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the iMessage tab.
- Confirm the Apple ID you’re logged into here is the same as the one you use on your iPhone.
Why won’t Apple ID Recognise my phone number?
Go to Settings/Facetime, tap on your Apple ID and log out. Then log in again and turn on Facetime. You don’t get to enter your phone number; it automatically registers when Facetime/iMessage is activated. First, make sure your phone number is shown in Settings/General/About.
How do I receive text Messages on my Mac?
- Tap on the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Swipe down and tap on Messages.
- Tap on Text Message Forwarding.
- Tap on the toggle next to your Mac to turn on the feature if it’s not green already.
How do I add a phone number to my Apple ID?
- Open Settings.
- Tap on your Apple ID name.
- Press Password & Security.
- Tap on the Edit option next to your trusted phone number.
- Select Add a trusted phone number.
- Enter your device passcode.
How do I change my iMessage from email to phone number?
Open the Messages app and click “Messages” in the Menu Bar, followed by “Preferences.” Click the “iMessage” tab to see options associated with the messaging service. Finally, click the drop-down box beneath “Start new conversations from” and select the number or email address you wish to use.
Why am I not getting texts on my Macbook?
Make sure that your Mac is connected to the Internet. To check your Internet connection, try loading a page in Safari or another web browser. Check that the date and time is set correctly on your Mac. Make sure that you enter the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
Why is my iMessage not working on Mac?
Turn it off, reboot your device, then turn it back on using the same method. On a Mac, launch the Messages app and select Messages > Preferences from the menu bar. Go to the iMessage tab, and under your Apple ID, uncheck Enable Messages in iCloud. Reboot your Mac, then turn this setting back on.
How do I connect my iPhone to my macbook wirelessly?
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the menubar at the top right of your screen.
- Select System Preferences and Bluetooth and you’ll see a list of Bluetooth items that you can connect to.
- Click the image of your iPhone and you’ll get a connection request from the smartphone.
- Choose Connect to make the connection.
Why is my Mac not syncing with my iPhone Messages?
So to properly sync your iMessages across your devices, you would first need to back up your iPhone using the iOS Data Backup and Restore software. Once you have backed it up, you can then restore the back up to your Mac. Once it is done, your messages for both iPhone and Mac will be synced and be updated.
Why isn’t my iPhone syncing with my Mac?
On your Mac, open Messages and choose Messages > Preferences > iMessages. Make sure that both devices are signed in with the same Apple ID. Then, on your iPhone, go back one screen and check Text Message Forwarding to make sure your Mac has been selected. If it is, deselect your Mac and restart your iPhone.
Why is my phone number not getting verified?
If your phone number was not verified, it could be for one of the following reasons: The phone may not be in your name. The phone number you provide must be in your name, not a family member’s name. The phone is a voice-over-IP (VOIP) or unregistered prepaid phone.
How do I fix verify my phone number?
- Step 1: Check your phone number. Make sure your phone number was entered correctly with the right country code.
- Step 2: Check for a good Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
- Step 3: Check that you can get SMS texts.
- Step 4: Request a new verification code.
- Step 5: Try fixing the app.
How do I verify my phone number iOS?
- Go to the Apple ID website and sign in with your Managed Apple ID.
- In the Security section, click Edit.
- Click “Add a trusted phone number,” enter the phone number, select Text Message or Phone Call, then click Continue.
- Enter the six-digit code, then click Verify.
How do I make phone calls from my Mac?
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices. On your iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn on Calls from iPhone. On your Mac, open the FaceTime app, then choose FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings, then select Calls From iPhone.
How do I get my text messages from my phone to my computer?
You can scan that code from your Android device: Open Android Messages, tap the menu button (three dots) on the top right, choose Messages for web, and then hit Scan QR code.
How do I add a phone number?
How do I activate my iMessage?
In your device’s Settings app, you can toggle iMessage and FaceTime on or off. Usually you’ll use these toggles to turn the services off, but you can also use them to refresh your connection to Apple’s servers.
How do I get iMessage to use my phone number instead of my email on Mac?
- Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on.
- Tap Send & Receive.
- In the “You can receive iMessages to and Reply From” section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
Why is iMessage using my email instead of phone number on Mac?
However, if you have multiple addresses linked with your Apple ID account, you can face an issue where an iMessage is sent from your email address instead of your phone number.
Why does iMessage show email instead of phone number?
This minor bug in the communication system between iOS and OSX will happen either if you have a contact saved in your phone incorrectly, or if they haven’t switched from their “@me” account in iChat over to their phone without turning off the former first.
How do I set up iMessage on my macbook air?
- In the Messages app on your Mac, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In. Make sure to sign in using the same Apple ID on every device.
- Choose Messages > Preferences, click iMessage, then select any of the following options: Store your messages in iCloud: Select Enable Messages in iCloud.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Macbook Air without USB?
Connect iPhone to Macbook using Continuity Sign in to the same iCloud account on both devices. Connect both devices to the same WiFi network. Turn on Bluetooth on both devices. Now switch on the Handoff Continuity feature on both devices.
How do sync my iPhone to my computer?
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device. Find out what to do if your device doesn’t appear on your computer.
- Click Summary on the left-hand side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi”.
- Click Apply.
How do I sync my phone with my laptop?
Go into the settings menu in your phone and then enable Bluetooth to turn it on (the exact method for turning Bluetooth on will vary from handset to handset). Step 8: Once both devices have Bluetooth enabled, your PC will check that you want to connect and identify your phone.
How do I get my iPhone to verify my phone number for iMessage?
- Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on.
- Tap Send & Receive, then choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and sign in with your Apple ID.
How do I change the phone number associated with my Apple ID?
- Tap on “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Click on “Password and Security.”
- Scroll down to “Trusted Phone Number.”
- Tap on the blue “Edit” button on the right side of it.
- Click on “Add a Trusted Phone number.”
- Type in your iPhone passcode.
- Enter your new phone number.
Why can’t I get verification texts on my iPhone?
There’s no clear, single reason why your iPhone isn’t receiving verification texts, but there are a few things you can do to fix the problem, including resetting your iPhone and toggling Airplane mode off and on. If that doesn’t work, you may need to contact your service provider.
How do I change the trusted phone number on my Apple ID?
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- In the Security section, click Edit.
- Click Add a Trusted Phone number.
- To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text.
- To remove a number, click. next to the phone number you want to remove.